Freezer Order Selector (Nights)
Job ID: FREEZ08663
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Date Posted: June 30, 2020
Responsible for the retrieving (picking) and movement of full case product orders needed to be shipped via trucks to account locations. The Full Case Order Selector will primarily utilize an electric pallet jack and forklift in order to perform essential job functions. The Full Case Order Selector is responsible for sorting and completing necessary paperwork related to the given work day, and also must perform maintenance inspections of equipment to be used (electric pallet jack and forklift). Clean up of warehouse area as needed, including damaged stock is the responsibility of the Full Case Order Selector.
- Retrieves product in accordance with printed customer orders.
- Pulls orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list
- Notify Warehouse supervisor of picking stations not maintaining required production pace.
- Insure application of shipping ID numbers on each carton.
- Removes damaged merchandise from lines and replace as necessary.
- Clearly marks cartons with truck run and stop number.
- Verifies accuracy of picks prior to release of orders from work station
- Ensure that product is packed to ensure there is no damage.
- Restocks order selection zones as necessary during conduct of picking operations.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Maintains clean, orderly workstation-returns supplies, merchandise to assigned locations and cleans work area at end of production shift.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with Core-Mark safety policy and OSHA requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language: Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences. Recognize similarities and difference between words and between series of numbers. Must be able to read product codes and information quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical: Ability to add/subtract 2 digit numbers and multiply/divide 10’s and 100’s.
- Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Must be able to recognize for malfunctions in equipment and notify supervisors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and finger to handle objects, or controls; reach with hand and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The employee must regularly lift a/o move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift a/o move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift a/o move up to 75 lbs.
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
core mark job alerts
Want to stay in touch with Core-Mark?